Saturday, March 5, 2011

more skunks, odor removal

here is some more info I found regarding odor removal, I wish I had this info the last few daze when my dog Kismet was sprayed face on and I was also sprayed the next night. my household was pretty sick for a couple of days http://icwdm.org/Publications/pdf/Skunk/skunkodorremoval.pdf

I had always believed that skunks were diggers, not climbers and, they mainly ate insects and grubs. Reading these articles really opened my eyes to their multitasking and diversity they will do to survive.

Also in this info re skunk behavior, the larger ones will go after, kill and eat something the size of an average cat or small dog. So, ever since the late night antics of the critters here I have a 4x8' lattice gate made that closes at sundown and it cuts off access to my back yard, I added lighting to the back and both side yards also (both of my dogs are really dark and difficult to see at night). Now both of babies are limited to one  side yard only and under my supervision.

Anyhowz I certainly learned valuable things on how to live with these 'cuddly' critters. Hope this helps you too

No comments:

Post a Comment